31 Days of Not Forgetting

Yes. It's been over two years since I wrote in this corner of the blogosphere.

Yes, there are reasons. Two, mainly. Their names are Judah and Ezra.

Yes, there will be time to discuss all this later. But for now, let's be those friends who can go for years without seeing each other or doing any major communication and pick up right where they left off, knowing that the blanks will be filled in over time.

See, today is October 1. {Well, technically it's October 2 by the time I hit publish.} Today starts my favorite month of the whole year, for many reasons, but one big reason is that it's the 31 Days of Writing month! Since I started blogging 4 years ago, I've read blogs by fantastic writers who write everyday for a solid 31 days each October. Seriously, every day is a little bit like Christmas because I know when I open my blog reader {bloglovin'...in case you were looking for a good blog reader} I get treasures from writers who share their art FOR FREE.  Each year I toy with the idea of joining these bloggers and I find a million reasons/distractions not to.

This year, I'm not going to just be a consumer.



One of my heart's deepest desires became a reality this year - this month, in fact. I'm hanging up my public school teacher hat and settling in to the life of a stay-at-home-mom. I am completely overwhelmed with joy and gratitude. I know the days ahead will not always be easy, but I know they will be days of wonder and chosen joy. Days that I never want to forget.

So.

For 31 days, I'm dedicating this space to not forgetting.

Not forgetting the joys that come in the morning.

Not forgetting that I've been gifted this life.

Not forgetting my calling.

Join me on Instagram/Twitter in not forgetting. #notforgettingthis

:: OK, this hashtag has already been used for two photographs...a long time ago. Let's take it over and make it mean something. ::


Today, I'm not forgetting the wonder of caressing tiny ears while feeding my littlest.


Not forgetting a toddler standing on an IKEA table so he can reach the counter to eat his snack. He did not want to sit at the table - so we chatted across the counter and ate Ritz crackers like good friends do.


Not forgetting brothers who already love each other. For real - this is not posed. They end up here, in this position, multiple times a day. Be.Still.My.Heart.


This post is Day 1. Find other posts in this series below.

Day 2 : Number My Days

Day 3 : It's Not a Tragedy

Day 4 : I Didn't Forget

Day 5 : Planning to Not Forget

Day 6 : Hard to Remember, Hard to Forget

Day 7 : Look Up

Day 8 : How to Not Forget : Part 1

Day 9 : How to Not Forget : Part 2

Day 10 : How to Not Forget : Part 3

Day 11 : How to Not Forget : Part 4

Day 12 : How to Not Forget : Part 5

Day 13 : Enjoy Today

Day 14 : Intentionally Remembering

Day 15 : Some Days

Day 16 : Not Forgetting Teachers : Part 1

Day 17 : Not Forgetting Teachers : Part 2

Day 18 : Not Forgetting Teachers : Part 3

Day 19 : Plans Change 

Day 20 : Not Forgetting Teachers : Part 4

Day 21 : Two Months

Days 22 and 23 : Not Forgetting Teachers : Part 5

Day 24 : Do Not Drift Away

Day 25 : Not Forgetting Rest

Day 26 : Do Stuff

Day 27 : Not Forgetting the Real

Day 28 : The Last Time

Day 29 : Your Body

Day 30 : All or Nothing?

Day 31 : Better Than Breadcrumbs


Comments

Popular Posts