mmmmmm Soup!

Even though it is still sweltering hot during the days, the evening chill has turned my culinary tastes to things that warm me on the inside:) In honor of an excellent blogger's linky party "No Fool Back to School Meals", here's one of my fall/winter favorites: Potato Soup!



In the time it takes to cook the potatoes, you're almost done!

Cube 6-7 red potatoes, skins on, put in appropriately sized pot.
Cover with water and salt generously!
Bring to a boil and continue to boil on med-high heat until potatoes are fork tender.

In the mean time...
Chop 1 med. size onion (personally prefer Vidalia)
Chop 2-3 sticks of celery
Mince 2-3 large cloves of garlic (garlic powder will work too...use to taste...but add it when potatoes go in)
Saute in large stock pot w/ EVOO, a bit of butter (or left over bacon grease is delicious as well!), salt and pepper, over med heat.

When potatoes are finished, drain and dump into stock pot. Add 1 tablespoon of chicken bullion, 1 tsp. rosemary, and some red-pepper flakes if you want a bit of a pop! Stir together...potatoes will break up some! Pour milk (I use skim...it's still fabulous and allows me guilt-free seconds) over potatoes to desired consistency. Cover pot for a few minutes so the flavors get all happy together. Of course, you may garnish w/ cheese, chives, or parsley! And since I am a carb-a-holic, I like to serve a crusty piece of french bread along side! Enjoy!

You can also do this in a crock-pot. Just dump the ingredients into the crock-pot in the morning and cook on low all day! Ready when you are!

(For another recipe, check the last post for Chicken Tacos w/ Zucchini!)

Comments

  1. This looks really wonderful. . . and doable! I've always wanted a really good potato soup recipe--I'm going to copy this one. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Let me know you're here :)

Popular Posts